Thursday, March 27, 2008

Telling On Myself

Aw, geeeeeeeee. Don't you just hate it when you do something that makes you feel like an idiot? This morning -- gratefully -- there were no witnesses.

First, let me put things in context. You know how often you want to hit the "rewind" button on your "Life Remote" to give you a second chance to say something? Or you got such a kick out of something you want to live it over again?

And all those times you want to hit the "mute" button on someone at work who takes ten minutes to tell you something that most people could relate in a two-sentence paragraph??

You know what I mean, right????? [Just nod your heads.]

Well, this morning as I was getting dressed in the first layer of undergarments we women endure -- yes, the one with the hooks-and-eyes and lace and straps -- I was making that first step of fastening it. The backwards-upside-down move. I realized I needed to make an adjustment in my straps. The strap on the right -- no problem. Slid right into place. The noodlehead who made the adjustment on the left strap -- yes, she blushes, 'tis I -- pushed it in the opposite direction.

An easy mistake, admittedly.

HOWEVER, my brain instanteously sought the "undo" button.

The "undo" button on my bra strap.

Geeeeeeeeeee ... feeling foolish still and blushing as I admit this silly little thing.

Of course, it does give one pause to think that a lot of guys would love that feature on this particular garment in general. But I won't go there. ;-)

Blessings on your day,
Melanie

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Thank you for the word art..you are amazingly talented...
secondly I loved the undo story..it gave me a very big smile as one day I was writing something and made a mistake and reached for my mouse to undo it, at least I am not alone..any more...smiles...

LLG Denise said...

UNDO! ROFLMFBO! UNDO!

4th laugh of the day!

Thanks, Mel. Just thanks.

denise