Saturday, August 1, 2009

Cuddle Buttons

We've been fortunate in my part of Texas to receive rain of some sort every day this week. As I mentioned earlier on Thursday, lightning and thunder accompanied just about every bit of that rain. I'm a creature of the rainy storms, so you won't find me complaining.

What I WILL complain about is the condition of the dogs after they come indoors from frolicking in the rain. ACK!!!!! Last night (in the wee hours) they bounded into our bedroom, basically looking like sheep. They are West Highland WHITE Terriers, but when they start digging around in wet soil, their snouts and feet are black. Sheep, I tell you...sheep! Of course, they want to cuddle with us to get dry.

We have muddy "pounce marks" all over our summertime comforter, which is mostly white. Well, it was.

All four of us did have a cuddle after my husband got up at 3:00 am and gave the dogs a shower.

Speaking of cuddles, we received a wedding invitation in the mail yesterday from my niece, who is getting married in September. It truly seems like just yesterday when I was cuddling that tiny porcelain doll with her dark hair and blue eyes. Her hair frequently changes colors now as she plays with her hairstyles, and her eyes are now that extraordinary color of gray-lavender that reflect the hues of whatever she is wearing. And she is still an absolute doll. Though, for some reason, she'd rather cuddle with her fiance' now. Hmmmmm. Imagine that. LOLOL.

Enjoy your Saturday,
Melanie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 4 post on Aug. 01, 2009. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 01 Aug [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 02 Aug [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).