Wednesday, September 30, 2009

deja vu

Suddenly, as I was uploading today's word art, I had a feeling of deja vu....as though I've used this word art before. Niggling thoughts coursing through my fevered brain at the moment...but too late. If I have, it would at least look different from this one. If I haven't, then this says what I'm thinking today:


I did not see it coming that my husband and I would keep trading the flu back and forth between us for the past two months. Of course, by now, he's totally convinced himself that it's the swine flu and that he narrowly escaped being hospitalized or worse. [He's a guy; what can I say!] He's fairly fit (more so than I) but this time it just took hold of him and he's not accustomed to feeling that bad for such an extended period of time.
On a much lighter note, one of my silly guilty pleasures is that I like to watch the Disney Channel when I'm not in the mood to have to concentrate on anything in particular but want the background noise and the lightheartedness of it. The silly gets to me sometimes, yes, but at least I know who these people are: Lily Truscott, Hannah Montana, Cody and Zach, London Tipton, the Russos....I have a soft spot for Alex Russo (Selena Gomez's character in Wizards of Waverly Place) and I love her little laugh when she says "I did NOT see that coming!" in just about every episode. Don't hate me or think little of me--this can't be worse that grownups being caught up in Harry Potter [read them all] or the Twilight series [not interested in vampires], can it? Just reliving our childhoods in a whole new way, I think. :)
Having rambled all that much, I'm tired...time for more meds and a nap...but I'll be back later today or tomorrow. I'm just about ready to make a big announcement and share the news of a fun project I've been working on just about all summer.
In the meantime, be good to yourself!
Melanie


2 comments:

Pattycakes said...

Thank you!!! :)

Anonymous said...

cool! thanx a bunch!!