Thursday, May 8, 2008

211

Does 2-1-1 mean anything to you?

When I realized it was my 211th post today, I was trying to figure out why the number sounded familiar. 3-1-1 is a number you dial in the US for non-urgent calls to the police. Punching in the numbers 4-1-1 sends you to directory assistance. And, of course, 9-1-1 will get you emergency assistance in times of crisis.

So, I did what any modern woman would do -- I "googled" it. It appears that 2-1-1 is a number that you can key in anywhere in the US to search for information/guidance about any human service issues (health care, advocacy, etc.). Who knew???!! I didn't, that's for sure. There's a national collective that's trying to make this "universal" in the US, apparently, even in the smallest of towns. Good to know, huh.

Of course, for anyone having a birthday or anniversary today -- and you know who you are -- I'm certain it's a quite meaningful day.

Yet, there's still a niggling feeling that it's a significant number to me personally for some reason. And still, I wonder ... trying to remember ...

As the King of Siam (as interpreted by actor, Yul Brynner) said in the film, The King and I: "Is a puzzlement."

SPEAKING OF PUZZLEMENT, today's word art deals with the mystery of teenagers. Hope you can find a use for it! I thought it was fun.

Blessings on your day,

Melanie




4 comments:

Just Me said...

I couldn't get it to download I got this message "The file is suspected of illegal or copyrighted content. Please contact link publisher or
use our search engine to find a file or folder"

Maybe you used a word in the name that banned it.. That happens a lot.

LLG Denise said...

Hi, Mel, i'd love it. have a teen who just turned 18 and he doesn't say it. out loud. you can see the words scrolling across his L.E.D. forehead, though. they didn't have THOSE back in the day either. aitideni-at-gmail-dot-com

Thank you!

Now what was it when we were young? oh i got one: afro (meaning hair not person). My folks kept saying, when are you going to get that mess straightened?...

LLG Denise said...

Mel, just reread, and i got it by clicking and saving, thanks.

Riley Boy said...

Could you please send me the file for the teenager word art? I absolutely love your work!!