Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Art and Artistry

I've started working on a kit with which I can participate in the July Color Challenge at DSO. KimB's challenges are always beneficial to me, personally, and she inspires with her art all the time.


I'm including in today's freebies a word art piece that was designed to go with my contribution to the challenge. I'm still working on it, but thought I could go ahead and share a tiny preview of it -- the theme I selected is about Art and Artistry, and I hope I can do justice to it.


This quotation describes me perfectly. Although I don't always work "very" fast, I'm a hunter-gatherer when it comes to getting all the supplies I need or even think I may need when I'm working on a project. And I THINK about it a very long time! It frustrates the dickens out of my husband, but it's a system that works for me, so he endures it.



Here's your download for this new piece. Crossing my fingers that you'll like it, but if you don't, that's okay. Font: VTKS Sonho.


:)


Thanks for listening,
Melanie

3 comments:

Kim B said...

OOOOH- now you got me excited!!- I'm loving your take on this- wOOOHOOO- Can't wait to see it all when you are finished girl!
WE nearly there and hopefully by Friday we will be UP And running- YAY!!
Can't wait- miss my challenge too-LOL
Sending hugs and loves
ME

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 03 Jul [LA 02:19am, NY 04:19am, UK 09:19am, OZ 07:19pm]).

Linder said...

This is wonderful. The quote completely resonates with me, and I love the term "hunter-gatherer" as a description. Fortunately, digital kits take up much less space than traditional supplies, so my husband has no idea how ridiculously much I have accumulated. But this I will USE!