Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Call of the Wild



A friend of mine reported not long ago that her teenager was moping around the house, using the "B" word, on the first day of her summer break.

I couldn't believe it. The only thing I've ever been bored with was my job. To have a whole summer in which to indulge myself with books, music, writing, photography, movies, television, swimming, etc., was a gateway to splendor each summer. I loved having free time. Don't get me wrong, I had my chores and watching out for younger siblings, but that wasn't a problem.

Now, kids have so many more options than we had, and so many more freedoms. I just don't get it. Maybe they're just not challenged enough by parents and peers to use their imaginations? Perhaps. I don't know. I don't judge, just speculate.

I thought these two contradictory pieces of word art would come useful to those of you with children at home for the summer break. This comes with a hearty, "Good luck!" from me as well.

Blessings to you all on the first day of July,

Melanie

DOWNLOAD Imagination


2 comments:

Kim Sandling said...

Thank you for this great word art!

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 02 Jul [LA 02:14am, NY 04:14am, UK 09:14am, OZ 07:14pm]).