Thursday, September 25, 2008

Out of It All :)

Some days, I just don't know where to start, so I'm doing the old make-a-list-close-your-eyes-and-point-to-something method of choosing where to begin today's posting!

Before I do that, though, I want to leave a note for Joy Gross. Joy, thanks, too, for your interest in how things were going with me. I haven't heard from you in awhile and have been very remiss in visiting your blog to check on you! Your seaside ramblings and photos take me to another time and place in a very serene way, for which I thank you.

I am so very saddened, Joy, when I dropped by this morning and learned that you had recently lost your mother. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Scrappy Sarah (Sarah's Scrap Book) sent me a link to a "Book About Me" which she's making for herself. That's such a great idea, and so many ways to accomplish it. I know many of you are faithful about blogging about yourself, but I haven't even attempted it. You'll see if you visit her blog that Sarah is using the alphabet to guide her through it. She used my word art to help her with her "K is for kettle" page. Beautifully done, Sarah! Thanks for sharing.



Sonel (Sonel's Corner) sent me this unusual stationery she made. If you click on the image, it will take you to her Incredimail Stationery site. It's always enjoyable to see various artforms, and I didn't even realize she had this sideline in addition to the other artistry she showcases on her blogs. This is definitely eyecatching, girl, and gives a whole new slant to this word art!! Thanks so much for showing me how you used it in such a unique way.


And I can't resist occasionally popping in to the DSO Colour Challenge to see how all the designers and scrappers interpret KimB's color palettes. This month, I particularly love her color combination, even though I can't do them justice. Needless to say, I was gratified to see that Clarice's layout showed one of my elements from my September's Quilt kit I posted for the challenge. She used one of the birds I prepared for this kit. If you haven't done so already, and if you're interested, you can find the links on this posting: September's Quilt.



I appreciate the comments I received from yesterday's posting/word art. Anything that is thought-provoking and encourages discussion is vastly interesting, and I appreciate the time that is taken to do that. Thanks so much, ladies! Particularly Nikki and Sonel.

So, guess you're wondering about today's word art? If you click on the preview, it will take you to the download site. But I also show them individually so that you can read them more easily. Hope you like them -- I had fun making them. :)


PLEASE LET ME SEE ANY WAYS YOU USE THEM!! That's such a treat.







And, finally, here's a layout that I made using one of today's WA pieces, and my September's Quilt kit. This was an "outtake" photo from a photo shoot I did earlier this year of my nephew and his then fiancee. They're now married and happy as two larks.



Thanks for hanging with me this far!
Until later,
Melanie

DOWNLOAD in case you missed it earlier in the post

5 comments:

Sonel said...

LOL! Same here sweets...and in the end we wonder how we got that far...:-)

To Joy..sorry to hear about your mom sweetie. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family too.

Agree with you about Sarah's Scrap book. Awesome work!

Thanks for the compliment sweetie. It's so much appreciated...:-) Between the IM stats and the translations I do for Snakelady I do keep busy and I like that because I get bored quickly...LOL! It's wonderful to have talented creators like you that are so generous to share your awesome work with everyone. I can't thank you enough hon. You are so appreciated...:-)

Wow! Love the DSO color challenge. Way awesome!

Also, last but not least...THANKS so much for today's word art sweetie. I just love, love it!!!!

Have a great weekend!
Love & Hugs

Scrappy~Sarah said...

OMG thank you so much for featuring me!! A MASSIVE Suprise! Thanks Sonel too. I have been saying about the blog to online friends too, so hope that gets you a few more readers (and thanks for mine too :)). I have some ideas too for the wa today.....just need time to get it done!! lol

Jessica said...

Haha! I love the out of money experience! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

How fun, I can totally picture using these words with fun pictures :) Thanks again !

Joy said...

Thank you Mel... you are a sweetie.. please you had a lot going on in your life don't you worry... I totally know what it means you cant be everywhere... and you are such a blessing. Hugs.. Joy