Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Bad blogger

I am sooooo off-schedule with my blogging and designing and word-arting (?!) but I'm down-to-the-wire on getting ready for a houseful of family arriving for a 2-day Thanksgiving celebration. My husband and I are hosting it this year, but since everyone couldn't be here Thanksgiving Day, they're coming on Friday as well. We'll have revolving doors on the front door and the refrigerator, I think!!! Anyway, I'm dead-tired at the moment and need to get off my feet (on the bed but not at the computer) because Wednesday is going to be another very long long long day.

All that explaining to say that I'm not going to have a freebie for you today but maybe I can get back on schedule by Sunday. Thanks to the faithful few of you who leave encouraging, thoughtful messages. I appreciate them greatly.

To my US friends...HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Blessings on your day, and see you soon!
Melanie

6 comments:

Dinphy said...

Happy thanks giving day(s). ;)
Take your time to enjoy!

Melanie said...

I too am pooped from cooking all day in prep for tomorrow. Do you think there'd be a holiday at all if the men had to shop, cook and clean? I suspect corn chips and salsa might become the tradition. It's fast, easy and can be eaten while watching modern day gladiators on the 52" TV! I am thankful for my husband who takes credit for the whole dinner because he carves the turkey. I'm thankful for my Mom who is 94. Imagine the Thanksgivings she's seen. I'm thankful my oldest daughter and family can be with us, even though they will have to eat two dinners to keep all the in-laws happy. I'm sad my youngest daughter will be working. She volunteers to work on holidays so nurses with kids can be home. I'm thankful she is a good and caring nurse. Her patients are fortunate she cares so much about them. I'm nostalgic for the holidays of my childhood when there were 30-40 around the table... tomorrow there will be 6. I miss all the aunts, uncles & grandparents... most of all I miss my 3 sisters. They've been gone more than 20 years but they're never forgotten. Thank you God for your abundant love and provision. - Another tired Melanie

Sarah (Debbie) said...

My heart goes out to you. I do hope everything turns out really wondeful and you have an amazing day today and tomorrow.

Happy thnaks giveing and angel blessing sfrae Scotland xx

P.S. Floods getting better, but some idiots are still driving over the Cava bridge which sunk a foot last week LOL xxx

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving...hey all you talented people should get a break and if ANYONE gives you a hard time over that then they are in the wrong! That's one of the reasons for 'holidays'!! So enjoy then relax...you need it and thanks for all your great work!

makeyesup said...

Sounds like you are blessed with lots of loving family. No matter how tiring it gets when you are the host/hostess, it's a rewarding one. Have a wonderful weekend.

JESSIE HEUER said...

MGM,

YOU ARE THE BEST SCRAP GIRL EVER!
WE APPRECIATE ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR US> HOPE YOU ARE WELL!
LOVE YA
JESSIE