Monday, February 4, 2008

Teenagers Unleashed



Last December 12th, a new teen driver was unleashed on the world.
Shudder.

My assistant's daughter got her driver's license. [Actually, she's done quite well, but it was because she was taught well.]

Most of today's drivers make me cringe, though -- and I'm not usually a 'fraidy cat in the car. People just do the most inSANE things in their cars, with little care for their safety, much less the countless others on the road who suffer from their recklessness. Particularly crazy moves of recent years are those people who think it's fun to speedily cross five lanes of traffic on the expressway to take their exit. They do this routinely. It happens so often now that we don't even blink. That's NUTTY!!!

And the young lady I mentioned? Doesn't understand why her mother's car keys aren't instantaneously available to her upon her every whim. Welcome to the real world, your ladyship. :) [As often as I lament being my current age, I wouldn't trade that for being a teenager again for ANYTHING!!!]

Have a great Monday,
Melanie

4 comments:

Just Me said...

LOVE this one!!!!!!!

babydoe said...

Boy--is this WA the truth!! When my son was a teenager, it seemed like most of my money went to the Insurance Company and the City Coffers (in the form of speeding tickets). Funny though, how life makes a circle--he eventually became a police officer. "Ain't life grand."

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on that, I'd never want to be a teenager again...I did have fun but oh the trouble just wouldn't be worth repeating lol...and I now find myself saying to nieces and nephews the same thing my parents said to me...'Just because the speed limit says 50mph does NOT mean you MUST do 70mph!' lol and I've seemed to have picked up that imaginary break on the passenger side of the car when they drive! Used to drive me nuts when they did that to me but boy oh boy do I understand now! :o) Thank you so much for the world art, I will put it to good use!

Anonymous said...

*ROTFL* My son at age 17 yrs old rode his first car BACKWARDS 30feet down into a hollow.. He was so lucky he survived that.. Then weeks later after school he had Soccer practice and the he had to go to work after that ( Pizza Delivery), so yes he askes me **Mom can I please borrow the Van?** I said ** OK BUT you better be real carefull!!**
Well, needless to say-- 2o minutes later I get a phone call **Mom ** -- *Yes* -- **I can't believe this but -----I just wrecked your new van** KILL KILL KILL *ROTFL* Yep he totalled it by crossing the highway and t-boneing a retired DRIVERS ED TEACHER.... Yep I love this word art.. Thank you so much for sharing. I can really put this to good use *LOL*
;-)
Carolyn