Wednesday, November 26, 2008

More ThanksGiving

Today's posting is a quick one. My sisters brought Mom to my house so that she can spend Thanksgiving with my husband and me -- but she got sick on the way. She still feels rotten this morning -- so much so that she didn't even get up to say hello to my husband before he left for work (he's her favorite!!!). So, now we're faced with the decision of knowing if it would be better to take her back home because we know her own bed and stuff are increasingly important to her when she feels unwell -- or taking it minute-by-minute throughout the holidays. She can get stubborn about people trying to help her (and she wonders where I get that from!!), but I'm hoping that she'll allow us to set her up by the fire to get cozy. I felt sooooooooo guilty leaving her to come to work so will try to get away as fast as I can.

I know you can all relate.

I wanted to add more Thanksgiving word art to your collection today, but couldn't resist the one about the elastic waistband (see below). It fits on so many occasions (especially for the guys as they watch sports games on television), but seems particularly appropriate at our Thanksgiving time.





Hope you'll forgive me for again promoting my Faithful Season 1 traditional carols lyrics package. I was hoping more of you would want them, but I'm so very grateful for those of you who have ordered them and appreciated hearing how a couple of you plan to use them. As I mentioned before, any donation would be greatly appreciated.

I may pop in before the day is out with another gift if I have time. Until then, I hope that those of you celebrating Thanksgiving this week have a meaningful time.
Melanie

4 comments:

Kim B said...

Oh my dear friend- HOpe your mom is ok??- I think let her tell you what she wants- LOL, by the sounds of it - that's what she would do anyway ;-)

I hope you have a fantastic Thanks giving( I forget as we don't celebrate it here)- but wish we did as it is such a great reminder to us all of WHAT and WHO we have to be thankful for!
I'm fine and PROMISE I am looking after me too- lol

Sending huge hugs
ME

Pattycakes said...

Love your wordart...thanks for sharing and hope your Mom feels better. Happy Thanksgiving!! :)

Sarah (Debbie) said...

Hi Melanie, Do hope you have a fab thanksgiving. really hard work but worth it in the end. special love and angel blessings go out to you and your family. thanks for the amazing word art. angel blessings xxx

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for these WAs. Love the waistband one! Cathy G