Monday, November 3, 2008

Special Memories

I've just come back from a weekend with family. You see, we had an early Thanksgiving gathering because one of my nephews was leaving today to begin his new life in the US Navy. While in training, he will miss Thanksgiving AND Christmas celebrations with us. We used the time to make new memories together.

We had all his favorite dishes, and I think he filled his plate 3 times. No worry, though, because he's in excellent physical shape.





Oh, how I'm going to miss this very special guy. We also acknowledged the 10th anniversary of my Dad's death -- which is today. He would have been SO proud of Jesse; the two of them had a very special relationship. I still miss my dad so much, but know that he's still with us in spirit.

It was lovely to come back to some special comments, which I'll address later today. Thanks to you all.

I found the quote that inspired today's word art on a plaque at my brother's home where we gathered this weekend. It was irreverently (lol) placed in the bathroom. It made me smile, so I hope you can use it.
Blessings on your Monday,
Melanie

DOWNLOAD

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 03 Nov [LA 08:00pm, NY 11:00pm] - 04 Nov [UK 04:00am, OZ 03:00pm] ).

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love this saying. Thanks!

HarleyGirl said...

I'm still laughing. That is just too funny

Sonel said...

How awesome sweets! What a wonderful way to celebrate Thanksgiving and that is exactly what it's all about hey? Wow! What a lovely family you all are...:-) He surely is blessed to have you in his life and he is sooo cute!

Love the wordart! It's awesome! Thanks for putting a smile on my face again..:-)
Hugs

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

Hi Melanie!!!

I've not been over to visit in a LONG while and wish to thank YOU for your SWEET comments on my blog!

I am glad that you are enjoying *Chance Of Rain* and I do hope to have Part Four posted for y'all this weekend!

The time is passing FAR too quickly and Christmas is just around the corner! Lots to do!

I ADORE your wordart! You are SO talented at putting it all together SO very nicely!

How WONDERFUL for your family to ALL get together in memory of your father - VERY special time indeed and I SO love your RULING wordart!!! TOO funny and I shall surely find GOOD use for it with ALL of the males in my family!!!

Thank you for your CONTINUED generosity in supplying ALL of us in SCRAPLAND with some BEAUTIFUL, CLEVER, HEARTFELT and WITTY masterpieces with which to adorn our layouts!

Have a MOST glorious day!

BIG HUGS,
Linda :)

Toshia said...

that is sooooo true lol. ty very much