Monday, April 12, 2010

When I grow up...freebie

First, let me thank you for you oh-soooo-kind comments about my new mini-kit, Call Me April. I greatly appreciate your feedback, and when it's so nice to hear, well that's truly icing on the cake!

A few weeks ago, we were fortunate to have my 7-year-old great-nephew with us for a few days during his spring break from school. As always, we try to do fun things when we have the kids, but it was particularly difficult this time because things are so tight for us financially. However, one day, we splurged and took him to one of those fun entertainment places that have a combination of things to do, like mini-golf and arcades. He remembered going there before and wanted to ride the "goat-carts." They have the small ones that little ones can drive by themselves, and then the grown-up ones. Well, we decided on the larger ones, with my husband driving one with Adam as his sidekick, and I was right behind them in a single-seater.

It was my first time on one of those things, and, of course, the wind in my hair was exhilarating, as I became more sure of myself. I think everyone else on the track lapped me...I knew I was behind. But didn't care. And then I realized I was laughing at myself when I thought, "hey, this is a new workout regime!" because my BACK FAT was just jiggling away.

Silly, huh. But true! Just thought I'd share that workout tip with you. ;-)

Here's you a new word art gift:


Blessings on your day,
Melanie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

Sarah (Debbie) said...

Hi Mel,

Reminds me of going to Southerness with the grandson and trying to straddle a motorbike ride-on in a tight skirt. Thankfully he's old enough to do it himself now. I usually leave hubby and son in pub playing pool and we go off and have fun. Love the beach and gathering whatever he decides to pick up.

Thanks for the memory sweetheart. Love the word art. When are we thought to be grown up ?

Love to you and angel blessings xxx

Anonymous said...

I know someone to bless with this word art -- Thanks so much !!!

SONDRA said...

Sounds like a great workout regimen! LOL! I love reading your blog! Thanks for sharing your stories and your word art!

deb said...

What a funny story! Thanks for the great word art.