Saturday, January 5, 2008

Everything Old Is New Again


How many times have you said this in your lifetime? Too many to count, I'll bet -- no matter how old you are, it always rings true. In fact, I've probably said it in my blog more than once, because it is a truth that is too evident to be ignored!

The funniest examples I've heard lately, though, are related to music. My assistant's children are begging for Led Zeppelin music for their MP3s and they are stunned to know that she went to one of their concerts once-upon-a-time. And my "baby" brother just told me that he and his son are going to a Van Halen concert soon ... ready for the next generation, I suppose, since even Eddie Van Halen's son is in the band.

My brother told me that he was taking his skater-boy son so that they could have something in common besides baseball. I took the chance to remind my brother -- who is 11 years younger than I am -- that I started watching MTV in its early years so that I could find a way to relate to this teenager that I realized was a brother I no longer knew. These days, 11 years' difference is an entire generation away. It was gratifying to hear the amazement in his voice. He never knew that, and suddenly, he thanked me for it -- 20 years later. Pretty cool.

I could think of dozens and dozens of photos that would be appropriate for today's word art. Hope you can, too!! I would LOVE to see some of your layouts.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Melanie

No comments: