Friday, December 26, 2008

let us be grateful

so, how was your Christmas? mine was very quiet, just my husband and myself and our two westies. my husband had to do all the cooking but he enjoys it. i'm looking forward to our big family gathering on saturday.

my doctor's appointment wednesday with my surgeon went well; he continued to reiterate how badly my wrist was broken and that he had to piece together my palm back in place -- so i'm quite grateful for his skills! unfortunately, i can't go back to work yet which means another week without pay. it's been a tough year ..... 2009 will hopefully be better ... for everyone.

blessings to you and yours
melanie

7 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Have a blessed Christmas time Mel, and thank you for the beautiful wordart.

Sonel said...

Another gorgeous and well said wordart sweetie! Thank you so much! I sure can relate to that..:-)

We also had a quiet Christmas as well. Just me, hubby, our 2 loving, grown-up boys and our furry kids. Just the way I prefer and love it..:-)

Shame sweets, sorry to hear that you have to skip another week of work, but you know what..I believe everything happens for a reason and money is not everything. All will be fine..you will see...:-) I also believe that everything is as tough or easy as we want to make it. I also know it's sometimes difficult to stay positive, especially when everything happens all together, but know that I am thinking of you and that I know that everything will be just fine and dandy...:-) Now you can believe that! :-)

Have a great time at the big family gathering and I hope everyone spoils you rotten! :-)

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog as well sweets. Will wait patiently for your blinkie logo..:-)

Love & Hugs
Sonel

Pattycakes said...

This is awesome! Glad your appointment went well and wishes for a Happy New Year! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the gorgeous wordart. I hope you are able to heal quickly and that 2009 is a wonderful blessed year for you.

Phyldar said...

This is a wonderful sentiment - thank you so much for the word art!

Anonymous said...

hope your recovery goes smoothly

Simone said...

Mel wishing you a Marvelous 2009,
lots of Health, and Prosperity.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful word art. Hugs
Simone