Friday, December 5, 2008

Rock with Christmas, Dood!

We were fortunate to have my niece and her family visiting us this past weekend. Her three little boys can be rowdy, but oh-so-fun most of the time. At one point during the visit when they had to come indoors because of the rain, I pulled out the snowman notepaper I had saved for them, along with some felt-tip markers. Simultaneously, they all began drawing and writing notes for us grownups. How sweet!

Caleb, the oldest one at age 7, made me smile when he handed my husband one, where he had written a phrase I'd never heard before (and I'm guessing he just made it up): "Rock with Christmas" -- this note is now displayed on our refrigerator. But I had to laugh when he prepared one for his dad that said, "Rock with Christmas, Dood!"

So, you have Caleb to thank for inspiring today's word art. Both of these are in a single zip file. PLEASE SHOW ME YOUR LAYOUTS IF YOU USE THEM!!! I'd love to share them with Caleb when I see him on Christmas Day.

I'll be back later today with more.

Enjoy your day!
Melanie

3 comments:

sdwrdt said...

what a great saying! I can see some people (not us, because we don't own it) using these with guitar hero pictures!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 05 Dec [LA 09:00pm] - 06 Dec [NY 12:00am, UK 05:00am, OZ 04:00pm] ).

Dana said...

Thank you for the wonderful WA.