Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Definitions For Which to be Thankful

I thought these explanations kept things in perspective when I came across them recently, and thought I'd share them with you. We are all more blessed than we know. Just take a look around you and you'll see. [This word art is much larger than it appears in this posting!]

In our family, we are grateful that we still have our Mom. It's been 9 years since we lost Dad, so we never take it for granted when the family has a chance to be together. Thanksgiving holidays are a huge family tradition, and I look forward to participating in that tradition again this week.

Here's a layout I created with a "glamour shot" I took of my Mom earlier this year. The layout was inspired by a World Scrapping Tour word art challenge led by Kim B. I used Kim's word art, and her marvelous kit, Stone Castle (which you can find at DSO). Thanks, Kim!!

Hope you and your family have a terrific week.

Blessings,
Melanie
DOWNLOAD
font credits: SBC Stone Inscription, Pea Missy Cursive, Coltaine No. 1

3 comments:

Kim B said...

Hi girl- Oh man that is soooo sooo true! Love it! and that LO is just so so 'PERFECT'- your mom's eye's really look AWESOME on that blue! She's a beautiful lady!
Thanking you again for the AWESOME word art-MWAH

Maria said...

Thank you! The DigiFree freebie search engine is about to list this blog post at digifree.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your mom is BEAUTIFUL, Cherish every breathing moment you can have with her. I lost my mother last February 15th. So here in a few days it will be 1 year that she's been gone. Already.. How time flies but it just seems like it was yesterday.
;-) Tysvmfs........
Carolyn