Friday, November 9, 2007

Music, Music, Music

Music has always been a huge part of my life. To such an extreme that when I'm walking down the streets downtown, I feel as if I can hear and feel the beat of my own movie score accompanying my stroll. Sad, huh?!!


I love the universality of music, and hope you do, too. To paraphrase a line from the film, Chariots of Fire, when I'm singing in the choir at church, I "feel God's pleasure." God honors those who honor Him in such ways, and that's a high that's a bigger rush than any drug or drink, I promise you!.

Friday blessings to you all,
Melanie
font credits: Amaze Normal, Amadeus Regular, Paternoster AH, Stake

4 comments:

Lynn said...

AMEN. Oh, and thanks for the word art. ;)

LLG Denise said...

Melanie said "I feel as if I can hear and feel the beat of my own movie score accompanying my stroll. Sad, huh?!!"

No, not at all, Melanie! Actually, I'm quite a fan of your music and try to run your dvd by me at least once a day and try to pick up new scenes as you fit lyrics into the score (going backwards):

Scene the last: "The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the Glory of God and the Refereshment of the soul" Pan to Melanie walking down the street, fully concentrating on the music in her head, bursting out in a measure or two er once in a while.

Scene the previous: Miracles happen every day. wandering through the miracles of Melanies day. And on an on through every post and every piece of word art--with a little anomalic descant here and there "there's too much blood in my caffeine system", still being about the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul--can you picture this Melanie? If you can, then no, not sad at all. Count it ALL Joy! (and can you hear the doxology now, the slow, grand one?)

Melberry said...

Wow, Denise ... thanks for the imagery, and the going along for the journey. Melanie

Sandy O said...

This is such a nice sentiment, thank you so very much!