Thursday, September 13, 2007

Boy, are you in trouble!

One of my charming, adorable nephews (Josh) recently had his 22nd birthday. Of course, to me, he's still that irresistible toddler who tugged at your heartstrings the moment you saw his dark eyes and dimples. A heartbreaker-in-the-making.

It reminded me of something that happened long ago, when my mother and I were going on a Saturday outing with my terrific sister-in-law (Lisa) and her little ones. Amye was a sparkling, effervescent 4-year-old at the time, and Josh was two. We got to their house to pick them up, and I went to the door. Knock knock. Knock knock. Knock knock knock. After the third round of rapping my knuckles on the door, I let myself in -- just in time to hear Lisa exclaim: "Son, what were you THINKING?!!!"

Josh had proudly dropped-kick a big bunch of bananas down the hallway.

That little stinker saw in that yellow bundle something that said, "I'm a football. Kick me." and he was compelled to do it.

The memory still makes me chuckle every time I think about it. Not surprisingly, Josh excelled in being a place kicker in football throughout his years in high school. Seems as though they had lots of battered, bruised bananas at their house, huh.

Today's word art is in his honor. Or, actually, it should be in Lisa's honor for surviving his childhood! Love to you all -- Lisa, Scott, Amye & Josh.

DOWNLOAD

Blessings,
Melanie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the wonderful wordart!
What a cute story!
I seem to catch myself saying that phrase to my children every once in awhile. Sometimes you wonder what comes over them to have them do such off the wall stuff. Love your blog. Thanks Again!

Deborah Misfit said...

I love the word art and the story behind it - just perfect!

Stephany13 said...

This is a great word art. I have a son that this would fit perfectly with. I can't seem to download it though because it asks for a password. I read the cute post but didn't see a password in there. I sure would like this WA if you don't mind. My email is digiscrapgirl13@yahoo.com. Thank you

princess jen said...

I'm having trouble too. Please email me the password!! alanjohnson17@comcast.net