Monday, September 17, 2007

Phobias

I'm not sure the name of the phobia I have, but I know I've got one.
The best way to describe it is that whenever I spend time at anyone's home, at a hotel, at a meeting ... in a car ... basically, anywhere! -- I have to find MY SPOT. A place where I can put my stuff. A place where I can nest and call it my own for even those few minutes, few hours, few days. It's a really big thing to me, but I don't discuss it very freely. I don't know what to call it, but isn't half the battle admitting that you have a problem?! It's probably some sort of obsessive compulsive disorder thing, but I just don't care. It helps keep me grounded, so there.
Experts say that it is important for children to have a place to call their own, so I guess it's not weird after all, huh. DOWNLOAD

Blessings on this Monday,
Melanie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right. It is not strange at all. Most people do the same thing. You are staking a temporary claim. Totally normal, if not then we would need more therapists and no one would have any free time. You are in good company.
Thank you for the freebie, you have a wonderful talent. Chill, don't sweat the small stuff.

Maria said...

Thank you! The DigiFree freebie search engine is about to list this blog post at digifree.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi! I want to invite you ( i dont see your on my list) to post your previews/freebies of samples of your work on my site. Its free. DigiScrapDepot.com. You will get alot of exposure for your work because I have alot of traffic that comes to look at the different designers. Give it a shot.. I hope to chat with you soon,

Vicky Laursen
Administrator-Owner
DigiScrapDepot.com