Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Click

Today, class, we're talking about one of my favorite subjects: PHOTOGRAPHY. I absolutely love it, and if I could make my living at it, I would. I love to catch serendipitous moments with my family and freeze that moment in time. I love capturing the sunrise over San Francisco Bay or Mount Rainier. I love trying to still the cathedral hush of the piney woods in East Texas or the timeless waves of the Atlantic while watching for whales on the coast of Maine. I love photographing doors in the villages and towns of England and photographing architectural elements wherever I can find them.

This photograph of the California poppies was just such a moment when the light shown through the petals and brilliantly displayed these fiery hues (taken at the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens, April 2006) -- and another one of those irresistible shots I had to take.

The advent of digital photography has enabled more people to experiment, and I've seen some really great stuff from amateurs. They, too, have learned the joy of this art form, which is so incredibly expressive.


When I recently came across the quote from the renowned Ansel Adams, it said so much about how I personally feel. I bet it does for you, too.


No comments: