Friday, September 7, 2007

Today

Today's posting comes in two parts. First, I want to award a With a Grateful Heart tribute to Kim. Kim recently let me share some personal things with her through e-mail, at a time when she's already got a lot on her plate. She may not have even read her e-mail yet, but that's okay .... she entrusted me with her e-mail address and was a willing listener at a time when I was going through a hellacious few weeks on the heels of a crappy year. Not every one takes time to listen, you learn early in life ... and yet, Kim so often has encouraging words for others. I've frequently told her how contagious her laughter is on her blog. Her light just radiates all the way here from her home in the beautiful town of Port Elizabeth, and her generous spirit is so refreshing. I swear I can actually feel her energy! Her creativity is amazing, and she's clearly an extraordinary designer. Personally, I feel very privileged that she shares so much of herself with us, and already, in the short time I've known her, I know I'd enjoy meeting her one day. [Don't worry, Kim ... I'm not a stalker! Just a huge fan.] Kim, may your light continue to shine ... and may you feel blessed with all the wonderful things that life has to offer. THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU, MISS KIM. If you don't know her by now, you should!!! Drop in and at least say hello (but you'll really be glad if you stop by her blog and her store).

Today, part deaux: A milestone day in the life of our household ... it's our 5th wedding anniversary. I married much later in life than most people, so it's still relatively new to me to remember that I do have a wedding anniversary. Seems like it was just yesterday that we gathered with our family and friends to celebrate our union. So many things have occurred since then ... guess that's why it seems like such a brief time. Today's word art is something I hope that all of you can use. Particularly by dwelling on the "happy" part of it. Smile. DOWNLOAD
PS: Congratulations to Kim are in order today. She's attained Exclusive Designer status at Digital Scrapbooking.Org ... Brava!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice posting... Have a great weekend !!

Joy said...

You are truly such a sweet person. I love your spirit.

Ruthie said...

I personally feel the same way you do about Kim and thank you for expressing your thoughts to all of us!
Thank you for your fabulous freebies! I will have added it to my NEW COMPUTER GENERATED FREEBIE LIST TODAY AT:
digiscrapfreebieslist.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love this...thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! We just celebrated 5 years also. Thanks for this beautiful word art!

Kim B said...

MELANIE!!!!!!! You nut! See what you got me doing now- I'm CRYING!! I'm at a loss here! All I can say is that your words have touched my heart in such a way that it has brought tears! Thank you for this AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL, HEARTFELT award- and to think I only got here today! (had a hangover yesterday-LOL).. I'm really at a loss for words here, so I'm saying a HUGE THANK YOU and I will be sending you and e-mail later when I can think straight! Big hugs girl! and lots of LOVE!