Thursday, September 27, 2007

Funny business

I hope that everyone takes today's word art in the spirit in which it is intended. No disrespect is meant, whatsoever.

I always enjoyed the humor of the late Erma Bombeck, whose wit and wisdom inspired women in particular for several decades. Hope this is a pleasant memory for those of you who are familiar with her sense of humor, and that it is also an introduction to the younger generation of this very clever lady.

And that it gives EACH of you a smile today.

SPEAKING OF SEIZING THE MOMENT, I learned the hard way about 20 years ago to take time NOW to let people know that you care ... that you notice their accomplishments ... that you appreciate them.

Today, I want to send a With a Grateful Heart tribute to my digi-scrap blog friend, Mindy. Mindy has been a true inspiration to me, personally -- whether she knows it or not. I've mentioned her several times in my postings (including yesterday!) but wanted to send her this tribute today as a true gratitude moment. The spirit of her digital scrap products and gifts caught my eye immediately. They have a sense of joie de vivre in them that I think must be a reflection of her personality and her life.
Thank you, Mindy, all the heart you have put into your encouraging words and your artistry! Please take a few minutes to visit her blog today and her shops.


Blessings,
Melanie

Font credits: Chocolate Box Decorative, CK Fantasy & CK Celebration

3 comments:

Mindy said...

WOW. I am honored, truly, honored. I don't know what to say, beyond a heartfelt THANK YOU, my friend. Be blessed today... you have truly blessed me! HUGS!!

Maria said...

Thank you! The DigiFree freebie search engine is about to list this blog post at digifree.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love this word art! Definitely took it the way you intended it, as a joke. :) thank you for the fun freebie! :)