Saturday, July 7, 2007

Reminiscing About Petula Clark


Growing up, I was exposed to more contemporary Christian music than what was going on in the Billboard charts. However, a few pop artists caught my attention, and Petula Clark was one of those. Call me a geekazoid, but I still enjoy listening to her old stuff. A couple of days ago when I was watching daytime television with this stupid headache pounding, I was able to enjoy watching a biographical documentary about Ms. Clark and really enjoyed it. I enjoyed hearing the familiar songs, seeing the flashback clothing and observing the changing hairstyles of the times. It was also interesting to see what she is doing now -- and I never realized what a songwriter she was. Maybe you did, but this was news to me.

Anyway, I've put together a small kit that I'll be posting over the next several days, inspired by the strong designs and colors of her time. You'll have to forgive me because my mind sees one thing, and my hand draws another. One of these days I'll be able to get on paper when I practice a little more. Thanks for your patience as I do that! The colors don't appear as strong in the preview as they are in reality. PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THE LINKS, JUST DIRECT ANYONE TO MY BLOG; NO PIRACY, PLEASE.

Here are the links for Oh, Petula, Pt. 1: the paper, the button, the yellow daisy, and the orange daisy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Maria said...

Thank you for the lovely freebie! Your post has been added to the list of freebies at digifree.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Didn't she sing 'Downtown'? Thanks so much for the memory and especially the lovely Petula kit!