Thursday, August 2, 2007

Her Name is Reagan

My friend (and assistant) has a new granddaughter today. Her name is Reagan. She's the first grandchild on both sides of the family, which, of course, means she's heir to the throne. As I overheard everyone in the office oohing-and-aahing over the photos being passing around, I realized that one of the first things each one said was, "her eyes are closed!"

What else does a newborn have to do, I ask you?! Sleep ... rain on their diapers ... slurp a snack or meal ... sleep. Sleep with their eyes open AND closed!

And, yet, I understood. That's one of the first things many of us notice when we meet someone for the first time. "Her eyes were kind," we think. "He looks right through me," we huff and puff. "His eyes compete with the color of the sky," says the young lovely.

Reagan's eyes will open soon enough ... and she'll see the bright new world before her. Full of opportunities and obstacles. Rain and rainbows. Dreams and reality. I pray that she learns to see with her whole heart ... and remember that they speak a powerful language. DOWNLOAD

Blessings to you all today,
Melanie

3 comments:

Jackie said...

how sweet! congrats to your friend! thanks for the sweet freebie!

Maria said...

Thank you! This blog post has been added to the freebies list at digifree.blogspot.com

Myxi said...

Very true, we do notice eyes first. I like the word art, thank you. :)