Wednesday, August 1, 2007

With a Grateful Heart, Kim


If Moms are the heart of the home, then Dads are the protective shell that sometimes gets a little mushy. At least it was that way at our house growing up. My father was the strong, silent type, but he was as solid as a rock. And I miss him more than I can ever say.

I was reminded of my dad a week ago when Kim Broedelet -- kimbsdesigns -- sent me one of her favorite quotations. So this word art -- while a tribute to my own father -- is in Kim's honor with special thanks. She is such a fun-loving sprite with a wicked killer grin, whose "laughter" on her blog is extremely contagious. You should stop by and catch the spirit, and visit her store, too. She is also very generous with providing free gifts every week, and I, for one, owe her a lot. This one's for you, Kim, with my deep gratitude!


Blessings,

Melanie

7 comments:

Kim B said...

Melanie- I can't breath here! You have left me speachless! That honestly does NOT happen often as you know! I am VERY humbled by your kind words!! Thank you soooo much for this!! I can't even begin to tell you how much I love it!! And that it will be put to good use!! ( already have the LO for it!!!) Thank you again for ALL your support, kind words, comments and LOVE - because I wouldn't be doing what I love so much if it wasn't for amazing people like YOU!! Sending you lots of *Love* tonight!
Hugs
Me

Sharon said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful word art.

Joy said...

Thank you so much for sharing. Love it.

Joy said...

Thank you so much for sharing. Love it.

Maria said...

Thank you! This blog post has been added to the freebies list at digifree.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I miss my Dad also, and this quote will make a wonderful page. Thank you so much for sharing so much of yourself with us!

PSharp said...

Great wordart. Thank you.