Tuesday, August 21, 2007

New Tribute


I've been thinking about this for some time, so today, finally decided to launch a new tribute. While the "tagging" is a great learning tool to discover more about fellow scrap-bloggers, and the "Rockin' Girl Blogger Award" is a real hoot (and I've noticed there are other awards, like "Thinking Blogger Awards," etc.), I wanted a way to say a special thank-you to those "angels unaware" among us. So, I started this. It's like a Random Act of Gratitude sort of thing, if that makes sense.

This inaugural tribute I am sending to Kirsty Wiseman. Kirsty would only know me through the comments I leave on her blog. Kirsty not only gives me a daily fix of life in the UK (in addition to my English husband's perspective, of course), but she has a humorous, loving, irreverent, tender, and irresistible take on life and its challenges. Her photography is stunning -- exactly the type of candid portraits that I enjoy the most in my own photography. They inspire me endlessly and I appreciate very much the heart and soul behind such a gift.

Kirsty appears to be a generous, giving soul among her family and friends, and certainly is gifted in her artistry that she shares with us all -- both in photography and those fabulous overlays she allows us to have.

Personally, I have to say that I am most grateful for the unabashed devotion to her husband, and her bursting-at-the-seams pride in her glorious daughter, Ellie. God gives extraordinary children like Ellie to the mothers and fathers who will most understand and treasure these special cherished ones, who light up the world in amazing ways. Clearly, Ellie is wise, well-loved and I am fascinated every day to read about the many facets of this lovely little girl.

You inspire me, Kirsty, in more ways than you can know. For this, I humbly send you the first "With a Grateful Heart" tribute.

If any of you would like to pass this on to someone else, please feel free to do so.

With special thanks, Kirsty,

Melanie

3 comments:

Kirsty Wiseman said...

YOU MADE ME CRY.
Oh my, I don't deserve such a thing but I accept it with the manner it is given.
Sob, Sob, Sob.
Thank you so very very much. I will remember this accolade for a long time :)
Thank you x

Joy said...

What a wonderful thing to say about someone.

Kim B said...

Oh Mel this is such a wonderful idea and a great tribute! Only a great heart like yours could give a 'grateful heart'! AWESOME!
Love the last word art too- just downloaded- now to find the pic to go with that one- and I think I have it- LOL, keep your eyes peeled! Well I'm off to bed- I've been a little hectic at the moment! Phew- time for a holiday! Painting Christmas decor and I'm still soooo waayyy behind!! LOL.
Sending you hugs and thanks
Mee