Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mindy Strikes Again ... with a ROCK!


Mindy shocked me a few days ago by nominating me as a Rockin' Girl Blogger. Although I'm always trying to stay up with current trends (so that I can have "cool" conversations with my nieces and nephews), never would I have thought of myself as "rockin'"!!! Thanks, Mindy, for your very kind tribute and the honor. To that end, I had to make some new word art. Hope you like it!


Now, I'm supposed to nominate 5 rocking bloggers. To be honest, almost everyone I visit has such a great time and make it so enjoyable and, yes, proud to be in the digital/hybrid scrapbooking community. Narrowing it down to the top 5 picks would only be the luck of the draw, since there are so many wonderful people out there.

Here goes:

1. KimB's style and energy are contagious and combustible. She makes even the simple things fun, and that's a joy. I LOVE her work. Thanks, Kim.

2. Mrs.Miles is an amazing blogger, and you never know what she's going to tell you about her day. She's delightfully consistent in her devotion to God, her husband, and her family, to which I give her high praise. I love her whimsical freebies, too -- plus, she sent me a note one day to tell me that she had a daughter named Melanie. :) Thanks, Barb.

3. Then there's Krista. You're never in any doubt where she stands on any given day, and her talent is breathtaking. Her simple style of blogging is very understated compared to the beauty of her offerings. Thanks, Krista.

4. And ScrappyPony. Heather's got a true gift for capturing the moments in her day and for sharing of herself. Not so much in volume of words, but she shares her spirit in an intangible way, and in a tangible way as well. She was one of the first blogs I came across when I started seeking sites related to digital scrapbooking, and I've watched her evolve amazingly. She won't even know who I am, but I salute her all the same.

5. LindsayJane is wonderfully pragmatic in her approach. I feel as though I know her and that she's just checking in with me, personally -- even though she wouldn't have a clue who I am. Her artistry is terrific and so varied. I think of the word serendipity whenever I think of her; you just never know what's around the corner. Thanks, LJ, for such inspiration.

Have a blessed Sabbath,
Melanie

4 comments:

Being Mrs Miles said...

Awwwwww Melanie (I'd call you Mel if I knew you'd like that!) I am SO honoured you would consider ME Rockin'... you've made my day. I won't be able to acknowledge this honour on my blog for about a week - have to take a week away from it - unless I find myself with a wireless connection unexpectedly, which I just might... at any rate, the moment I do, I will. By this time, the other four 'Rockers' will have blogged your award, and I can create some more traffic back to you then!

In the meantime, I pray you have a wonderful week - enjoy the tail end of summer!

*hug*
Barb

Kim B said...

*blushing*- Thanks girlfriend- again! I left a message in your box, but I had to say it here again-
Sending hugs
Me

krista said...

you're so sweet melanie!!! thank you!

lol!! that word art rocks!!!

Lindsay Jane said...

Thank you Melanie for your lovely comments. Cyberspace really is an interesting world isn't it!