Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sorry I'm Late


For a very important date. Blogging date, that is. I've still been trying to manage a ravaging headache with fever; the doctor gave me new meds today so I thought I'd jot a quick note before they knock me out for the count tonight.

Hope your week is much better than mine has been. Whine whine whine.

The storm all around us tonight, compliments of tropical storms in the Gulf of Mexico, reminded me that I had planned to do more "rainy day" word art for all of you who use it in your scrapping. The Neil Sedaka '70s song from which this lyric came is forever emblazoned in my head. It was so sing-able when it came out -- at least for those of us who liked that sort of music over heavy metal, that is -- and, boy, did I sing it and sing it and sing it. I don't always hear laughter in the rain because more often, I'm hiding behind its veil watching the world go by. But it definitely makes me feel as though it's giving us a second chance, somehow. Renewing the planet, restoring the plants, replenishing the seas. And my spirit, too. DOWNLOAD

Blessings to all of you. It would be nice to hear from you.

Melanie

4 comments:

Maria said...

Thank you! The DigiFree freebie search engine is about to list this blog post at digifree.blogspot.com

Rhonda said...

Oh, you poor thing. I'm sorry you feel so horrible, wish there was something we could all do for you. Even in pain you are giving out gifts, what a doll :) Feel better soon...~Rhonda~

Kim B said...

Oh Mel- so sorry you feeling so "crappy" ( only word that will describe it- LOL). I just made it here now- been to play golf and back- didn't kill anything today- LOL. But I think I nearly killed myself! Gee's I feel old today- and it's FRIDAY for goodness sakes! hahahahaha. Early to bed for "Bozo" tonight! PHEW! Feel better soon! Sending you huge hugs
Kim

Anonymous said...

This is from my favorite song! Just seeing these words makes me so mellow! Thank you so much!