Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Choices

The title of today's blog is one of those words that contains an entire library of books within the space of the seven letters of which it is comprised.

C. H. O. I. C. E. S.

Everyone one of us lives with the consequences of choices we have made -- good or bad ... exemplary or tragic ... laudable or questionable. It's up to us to make the best of them, no matter where we are in life.

The good news is that (1) our sense of humor will often get us through even the most difficult of times, and the best news is (2) that our Lord and Savior ALWAYS has the answer to our questions about which choice to make. You only have to ask.
Today's word art reflects both. Each life path we choose eventually has a puddle or two, and we can either jump over them or splash through them. The key is that we DO get through it.

And in that vein, someone I've watched getting through difficulties over the past year is Silvia. I thought of her in particular when I was making today's word art. What a gift it is to know her. She's such a talented lady, proud of her family, who takes the time to be such an encourager to others, and an inspiration in the way she navigates through her own "puddles." She is a real sweetheart, and you would enjoy getting to know her daily through her blog postings. She's another person whom I know I'd enjoy getting to know in person, and it really makes my day when I hear from her. I say this today as I gift her with the With A Grateful Heart tribute. You're a very special lady, Silvia ... don't change a thing!!! Thanks for the gift of you.

Please take time today to let someone know how special they are to you. It's a wonderful way to muddle through the puddles when you remember that you're not alone!

Blessings,
Melanie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful word art! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such fabulous comments! I hope you enjoy the new kits!

Kim B said...

Melanie- i couldn't agree with you more! Silvia is a Wonderful Lady with a HUGE heart! Love this word art! - OK OK- I love them all!!! hahahaha- Glad you liked the LO- you got to me before I got here to let you know-hahaha.
Sending you much love
Kim

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Melanie..you just touched my heart and have me in tears reading your todays post..you are awesome...and the wordart is awesome too..wow..Im serious you made my day and it sure surpised me...oh and it would be really cool to meet you in person.wow..Im speechless...lol..thank you so much...sending my love

Just Me said...

Thank you for the WA!!!!

Joy said...

Hey there girl... I just now have had time to get to my blogs, and I just saw your note on mine. You truly are so sweet you know how to make people smile.

This month has been my busiest month for work.. I have been too tired to do any blogging, I hope to catch up soon. you are ever so faithful about yours.

I love your word art so much.. it either makes me think.. or makes me laugh... and of course both at the same time.

I love love love the puddles one. ok... I love all of them.. who does not need the one with the Lord putting one hand over my mouth. Boy I tend to say what I think... not in a mean way.. but I say what I think... not what people really want to hear... and that gets you in trouble.

Thank you for thinking of others and making them feel important. I pray that I can be that way also.. certainly with your encouragement it is possible.

I hope you have a fabulous day.

Joy

Deborah Misfit said...

Great word art - thanks for sharing!

fl_connie said...

Thanks so much!